Rafa Nadal Annual Tennis and Studies Program 2017-2018
Rafa Nadal has transformed his training base into a high performance tennis academy where he and his team will
prepare young athletes using a revolutionary program based on Rafa’s own training system and values. The Rafa
Nadal Academy by Movistar will open its doors in May 2016.
Located in Rafa’s home town of Manacor in Mallorca (Spain), the Academy will combine tennis and education to
ensure that students can follow the path of their tennis career without having to forsake their academic progress.
The Rafa Nadal Academy has its own unique training system based upon the experience acquired by Rafa and his
technical team throughout his many years on the ATP circuit, including the personal values that have been key to
his many achievements.
Led by Toni Nadal, the team at the Academy is comprised of a group of coaches and other professionals that have
accompanied Rafa during his sporting career. The team in which he has always trusted has an important role at the
• To maximise the potential of every athlete so that they have the chance to become a professional player without
having to sacrifice their studies.
• To combine high performance tennis with academic excellence so that those students that wish to continue their
academic studies alongside a sporting career have access to the best scholarships at universities in the United
• Educating people through sport, positively impacting students with the transmission of values that will help their
The brand new sporting facilities created by the Rafa Nadal Academy are equipped with the latest
technology and include:
• Supervised residency exclusively for students
• American International School
• 26 tennis courts of different surfaces (Clay, Greenset), outdoor and indoor
• Fitness Centre with all the latest equipment
• 2 swimming pools; one outdoor and one indoor
• Mini-football pitch (Football 7)
• Regulation multi-sports court
• 7 padel courts
• Restaurant and café bar
• Pro Shop
• Clinic, specialised in sports medicine, physiotherapy and nutrition.