Hotel Taormina Villa Belvedere, built at the end of the 19th century, was opened to guests in 1902. One of the first hotels in Taormina it still belongs to the Bambara - Pécaut family. Over the years the hotel, although several times discreetly restored, has always retained the elegant fascination of its period. This welcoming, typically traditional Sicilian villa with its yellow ochre facade, is situated in the quietest and greenest area of Taormina but the busy, historic centre and the ruins of the famous Greek theatre are reachable in just a few minutes on foot, by passing through delightful Public Botanic Gardens.
Terraced perfumed gardens surround the hotel, and within the flowered borders, lemon and orange trees , offer our guests shaded, quiet spots from where magnificent views over the bay of Naxos with Mount Etna in the distance, can be enjoyed. On one of the broad garden terraces is the swimming pool, surrounded by lush vegetation, trees over a hundred years old and tall date palms create an ideal oasis for days spent in absolute relaxation.
Beside the pool is the open-air bar-restaurant, open every day from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., offering an excellent buffet and an ample a la carte menu, with a wide choice of typically traditional Sicilian dishes, and also pasta, various omelettes, salads, quiches, toasted sandwiches, seasonal fruits, ice cream and several choices of dessert.
In the evening, the many restaurants in the old centre of Taormina offer a wide choice of places to eat.